Who doesn’t like to get a little cash back for what they’ve spent, bit then the main question is can you get cashback with apple pay?
All Apple users are much aware of Apple Pay and its unlimited benefits but, most loyal ones are still interrogating, “can you get cashback with Apple Pay” let’s solve this mystery today, shall we.
You can get cashback with Apple Pay in a roundabout way. Users who have the Apple credit card automatically get a percentage of their purchases back as Daily Cash, Apple’s term for cashback.
So if you use your Apple Card to make Apple Pay purchases, you can get cashback with Apple Pay. Your cashback will be deposited into your Apple Cash account.
In this article we will be discussing the topic “can you get cashback with apple pay as well as all the necessary information you need to know about Apple pay and Apple cash.
Cash Back With Apple Pay Card
Can you get cash Back with Apple pay? As long as you are at a place that accepts Apple Pay and has set a cashback policy, you can save some dollars using this mode of payment.
However, terms and conditions would vary from one location to another. Users can also link their debit cards or credit cards to win back a portion of their spending when paying via Apple Pay.
Moreover, this cash-back scheme works just like other similar offers. Here are the details.
If you use Apple Pay frequently, the Apple Pay Card is perfect for you It is a facility provided by the company and is no different than a usual credit card and is used for in-store and online purchases.
The Apple Pay card is the easiest way to get cashback as it allows its users to enjoy:
- 3% cashback on listed products
- 2% cashback on all other products
- 1% cashback in places where Apple Pay is not accepted.
Unlike other cards, Apple Pay cards are limitless and cashback money is deposited into your mobile wallet. You can use this money as per your need.
You can also use this card to pay monthly installments that make shopping less stressful.
Note; Apple Pay credit cards can be used in both ways, either linked with Apple Pay or separately. That means you can use this card in stores where Apple Pay is not accepted.
How To Link Cash Back Credit Card With Apple Pay Account For Rewards
Now that you are well informed on whether or not can you get cash Back with Apple pay, let’s now take a look at how to link a cash Back credit card with an Apple pay account for rewards.
Linking your credit card with Apple Pay is yet another convenient method to get cashback. All you need to do is link your card like all the other cards on Apple Pay.
Make sure you use the credit cards that are appropriate for Apple Pay. A few of these cards include:
- Blue Cash Preferred Card
- Blue Cash Everyday Card
- These cards allow up to 6% cashback in different forms like
- 3% or 6% cashback on supermarkets
- 3% cashback on transportation including parking and tolls.
- 5% cashback on restaurants or stores
- 2%-3% cashback on gas and much more.
Link Debit Card With Apple Pay To Earn Back Money
The final way to get cashback is to link any Debit Card to Apple Pay. This cash-back option is comparatively difficult as it depends on the store and its location. For this cashback you need to:
- Link your Debit card with Apple Pay
- Select the store that gives cashback
- This might seem like an impossible option but, there are quite a few stores out there that accept Apple Pay and give Cashback. These stores include:
- Albertsons gives cash back in locations like Arizona, California, and Idaho
- Safeway locations like Colorado, Delaware, and Washington give cash back to their customers. Trader Joe’s located in Georgia, Florida, and Tennessee gives cash back as well.
- Let’s discuss a few places that do not give cash back to make things easier for you, Albertsons locations like Bakersfield, Calif, and Safeway located in Rehoboth Beach and Del are amongst the few areas that do not give cash backs.
Note that all these places do accept Apple Pay but a few locations, make sure you get the correct information about the stores before reaching it. Just make sure you know which store and location give cashback.
Get a Refund for Purchases Made With Credit or Debit Cards Using Apple Pay
To return and get a refund for something that you bought using Apple Pay, you might need to provide some additional information.
You can generally return purchases made using Apple Pay by providing the receipt. When the merchant processes your refund, it goes back to your payment card automatically.
If you don’t have the receipt or the merchant asks for more information, you can provide the payment card-specific Device Account Number.
Get a Refund to a Payment Card that You Use with Apple Pay
- If necessary, provide your payment card Device Account Number to the merchant.
- If the merchant needs your card information, open the Wallet app on the device that you used to make the purchase.
- Tap the card that you want to be refunded.
- Double-click the side button. You might need to authenticate with Face ID, Touch ID, or your passcode.
- Hold your device near the contactless reader.
- Your refund might take several days to appear on your card statement.
Apple Cash and Apple Pay Review
Apple Cash and Apple Pay are digital services from Apple designed to streamline making payments and sending money to friends and family.
Both are available in your Apple Wallet, and you can choose to set up one or both, depending on what you want to do.
The services are integrated into the Messages app. You can send and receive money as you would a text message, with no additional downloads necessary beyond the operating system. These services are available only in the U.S.
Here’s what else you need to know about how Apple Pay and Apple Cash work, their similarities and differences, and how they stack up against Venmo and PayPal.
How does Apple Cash Work?
Apple Cash is used to send and receive money from others in the Messages app, or to fund other Apple Pay transactions. You can load your Apple Cash card (also called your Apple Cash balance) with money from a debit or prepaid card.
With Apple Cash, you can:
- Send and receive the money within the Messages app via Apple Pay.
- Receive cashback (called Daily Cash) from your Apple credit card, if you have one.
- Transfer your Apple Cash balance to your bank account.
How does Apple Pay work?
Apple Pay lets users make payments online, in apps, and in stores from their mobile devices (as well as other Apple devices). You can fund your Apple Pay account with a linked credit, debit, or prepaid card or with your Apple Cash balance.
These payments must be approved with a passcode, Touch ID, Face ID, or double-click on Apple Watch’s side button.
You can also send money within the Messages app with Apple Pay, funded by your Apple Cash balance.
Apple Cash vs. Apple Pay: What’s the difference?
Apple Cash and Apple Pay are similar in a few ways. Both Apple Cash and Apple Pay:
- Are built into Apple devices (you’ll find them in your Apple Wallet).
- Can be used to make payments using your devices.
- Can be funded by a debit card.
- The two work together, too:
- If you want to make a payment with your Apple Cash balance in a store, in an app or online, you’ll choose Apple Cash as the payment option through Apple Pay.
- If you want to send money in the Messages app, you’ll tap the Apple Pay button and use your Apple Cash balance to fund the transaction.
- But there are some differences between Apple Cash and Apple Pay.
- Apple Cash can be funded by a debit card, payments received via Messages, or Daily Cash (cashback) from using your Apple credit card, if applicable.
- Apple Pay can be funded with a debit card, credit card, prepaid card, or Apple Cash.
- Apple Pay can be used as a payment method separate from Apple Cash.
- Apple Cash can only be used as a payment method through Apple Pay.
- Transferring to a bank account:
- You can transfer your Apple Cash balance to a bank account.
- You cannot transfer from Apple Pay to a bank account.
How to Send (and receive) Money with Apple Pay and Apple Cash
The final point we will be looking at in. This article on can you get cashback with Apple pay is how to send and receive money with Apple pay and Apple cash.
You can send money in the Messages app with both services, but you can only receive money into your Apple Cash account.
You can send money yourself or use Apple’s virtual assistant Siri, which involves making a voice command like “Send $15 to Susan for lunch.”
When you receive money, it goes into your Apple Cash account. You can then spend the money or transfer it to a debit card or a bank account, which can take up to three days.
For balances over $1, Apple Cash has a $1 minimum transfer requirement when transferring money to a bank account. But if your balance is under $1, you can transfer the full balance.
Note that the minimum deposit into your Apple Cash account from your debit or prepaid card is $10.
Finally, can you get cashback with Apple pay? Apple Pay not only provides us with the best payment option and cashback but also allows us to save a few bucks. All we need to do is to use Apple Pay credit cards or our debit cards to avail their cash back facility.