To start using the Wells Fargo deposit check online, you must be banking with Wells Fargo bank. This method works well and is best for users.
Wells Fargo Deposit Check Online
You have to download the Wells Fargo mobile app first from the play store and follow the guidelines below:
- Download the Wells Fargo Mobile app to your smartphone or tablet.
- Sign on to your account.
- Select Deposit in the bottom bar. Or, use the Deposit Checks shortcut.
- Select an account from the Deposit dropdown. If you have set up a default account, it will already be pre-selected. If you are using the mobile app for the first time then proceed to create a new account.
- If you want to create or change your default account, go to the Deposit dropdown and select the account you want to make your default, then select Make this account by default.
Once you’re done creating and setting your default account you can then proceed with your check deposit.
Note* your default account will be selected on any wells Fargo check deposit you make in the future. You can always change this before every new deposit.
- Enter the check amount. Your account’s remaining daily and 30-day mobile deposit limit will also display on the screen.
- To ensure your check deposit does not encounter any problems please make sure the amount entered matches the amount on your check, and select Continue.
Once you have double-checked to avoid errors you can then proceed to the next step.
Before uploading pictures of your wells Fargo check deposit, please pay attention to these tiny details as they might go a long way to speed up your deposit processing timeframe and make sure your funds hit your account in due time.
- Sign the back of your check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Wells Fargo Bank Only” below your signature (or if available, check the box that reads: “Check here if mobile deposit”).
- Take a photo of the front and back of your endorsed check. You can use the camera button to take the photo. For the best results, it’s highly recommended that you use these photo tips:
- Place the check on a dark-colored, plain surface that’s well-lit.
- Position the camera directly over the check (not angled).
- Fit all 4 corners inside the guides on your mobile device’s screen.
Once you have a pretty detailed picture of your endorsed check then you can continue with your check deposit. From here the process is basically as straightforward as it can get.
- Make sure your deposit information is correct, then select Deposit.
- You’ll get an on-screen confirmation and an email letting you know your wells Fargo check deposit has been received. If you don’t get this on-screen confirmation just repeat the 2 previous steps and try again.
If you receive the confirmation email then congratulations, your wells Fargo check deposit has been received and is being processed.
- After your wells, the Fargo check deposit has been confirmed online. Don’t be in a hurry to discard your physical check. To be on the safer side, write “mobile deposit” and the date on the front of the check. You should keep the check secure for 5 days before tearing it up. Keeping the check allows enough time for the payment to be processed as well as retaining your evidence of payment. Once payment hits you’re account, be sure to destroy the physical check.
N/B : Mobile deposit is only available through the Wells Fargo Mobile® app. Deposit limits and other restrictions apply. Though some accounts are not eligible for mobile deposits, this is rarely the case. Availability may be affected by your mobile carrier’s coverage area.
When Will My Mobile Deposit Be Available?
If you received deposit confirmation earlier, then it’s only a matter of time before your funds hit your account.
Mobile deposited funds are available on the day after the deposit credit date unless a hold is applied. If a deposit is held (or a hold is applied), funds are posted to your account but are not immediately available to cover debits or withdrawals. Although this might be unlikely and uncommon it could be due to a number of reasons :
- Large deposit amount
- Frequent overdrafts
- The deposited check was returned unpaid
- Your deposited check may not be paid
If a hold is applied at the time of deposit to any portion of your deposit, you’ll receive a message on your mobile device, including when funds will be available, prior to submitting your deposit. You can cancel your deposit at this time. But if you continue and submit your mobile deposit, you’ll receive information about the hold on the confirmation screen and in the email sent to your primary email address and secure inbox.
You’ll know that your deposit is available when the amount appears in the available balance of the account you selected when you submitted your mobile deposit.
- Is there a limit on how much money I can deposit using the Wells Fargo Mobile app?
Yes, your mobile deposit limits are shown for each eligible account when you select a Deposit to account and on the Enter Amount screen.
Any amount above this deposit limit could lead to a hold being applied to your deposit. This issue could take a while to resolve so be sure it’s worth it before taking the risk.
How Do I Endorse a Check For Mobile Deposit?
Before you take your check photos, sign the back of your check and write “For Mobile Deposit at Wells Fargo Bank Only” below your signature (or if available, check the box that reads: “Check here if mobile deposit”).
What should I do With my Paper Check After Using Mobile Deposit?
After depositing your check using mobile deposit, please follow these safety and precaution guidelines:
Write “mobile deposit” and the date on the front of your check. The date should be the month, day, and year of your deposit.
Securely store your check for 5 days after your deposit, and then destroy it. This allows sufficient time in case the original check is required for any reason.
- Are there fees for using mobile deposits?
There are currently no fees for Wells Fargo check deposit Online and Wells Fargo Business Online customers to use Wells Fargo Mobile or mobile deposit.
Basically, your deposit is being processed and forwarded free of charge
Note that your mobile carrier’s message and data rates may apply.