In this article, I will be showing you how to open a GTBank account online without going to the bank. GTBank account opening can be done online (using your phone) or offline (via the GTBank branch). Either way works effectively, so if you are searching for GTBank online account opening or a GTBank account opening? You are at the right place.
This page also contains the requirements needed to create a GTBank account, this can be a student account, savings account, current account, or business account. These requirements are documents or things you need to have before you seek for GTBank account opening.
GTBank is one of the largest banks in Nigeria, with bank branches in all the states of the federation. I have been banking with GTBank since 2016 till date. I must recommend their services, the bank is cool especially when it comes to online transactions and receiving international payments.
I have been a customer for years, and ATMs haven’t debited me without payment. Fast self-service, and various internet banking platforms make bank transactions easier. With my mobile phone, I can make payments and even do more.
In this article, I will be teaching you how to open a GTBank account online and offline. Make sure you read through it and don’t miss any information.
Different Types Of GTBank Accounts
- Savings Account
- Current Account
- GTCrea8 E-Savers Account
- Smart Kids Save
- SKS Teens Account
How to Open GTBank Account Online 2023
There are many ways you can open a GTBank account online. They are, through:
- Ussd code
- Mobile App
- Internet Banking
How To Open GTBank Account With Your Phone (Method 1)
This method doesn’t require any Internet connection, all you need is just your mobile phone and your desired sim card. If you have all completed it, follow the steps below. This is the easiest way to open a GTBank account online.
- To open GTBank account dial *737*0# on your mobile phone with the sim card you want to use and open the account. Follow the instructions on the screen. Please make sure you enter your name and date of birth correctly.
- Once you complete the process your account number will be sent to you via text message.
- You can also use your phone number as your account number to make transactions and withdraw.
- Now, pick your details like your birth certificate, and NEPA bill. Locate the nearest GTBank branch. Meet the customer care person, then tell him or her that you want to upgrade/validate your account.
- After that, you can withdraw open, and perform other banking activities with your account. Do link your BVN to your bank account as well.
Read GTBank Mobile Banking Code to see more that you can do with your phone.
How To Open GTBank Account Using Mobile App (Method 2)
You can also open a GTBank account through the mobile app. Download GTBank mobile app, install and launch it. Then select Create an account, follow the guide, and process on the screen to open a GTBank account. Read more about GTBank mobile app
How To Open GTBank Account Online ( Method 3)
If you have been searching for how to open a GTBank account online. Here is your last stop, you can create a GTBank account online from your comfort zone.
- To open a GTBank account online CLICK HERE
- You will have to choose between opening a personal account now and Opening a business account now.
- Tap on the one you want to create. Once you click you will be redirected to a new page.
- Now you will have to choose between another two options – Open a new account and Open an additional account.
- Click on the type of account you want to open. Immediately, the application form will be updated.
- Next page, you will validate your BVN, choose the account type and enter your BVN code. Now click on the validate button. If you don’t have BVN enter multiple zeros In the space for the BVN code, then click validate.
- Next page, you will be required to update your personal information, your name, email address, location, and state of origin. Please, make sure that you enter the correct information.
- Then, click continue to create your GTBank account. You will receive a message containing your account number and bank details.
How To Open GTBank Account Offline
Visit the nearest GTBank branch, and enter their marketing section. Ask them form to open the account type that you want. Fill out the form and submit it with the documents required.
GTBank Account Opening Requirements
The following is what you need before opening the type of GTBank account you need.
Requirements For Individual Account Opening
- Two Duly Completed Reference Forms
- Get Passport photographs of authorized signatories.
- Copies of Acceptable Identification (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, etc. )
- Copy of utility bills for any of the last 3 months.
- Get a copy of the residence permit for non-Nigerians
Requirement For GTSave Account Opening
- Clear copies of Passport photograph
- Get Copies of any means of identification (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, etc)
- Copy of utility bills for any of the last 3 months.
- Copy of resident permit for non-Nigerians.
Requirement For SKS Savings Account Opening (Kids Account)
- Get passport photographs of each parent and child.
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate.
- Parent’s valid means of identification (Driver’s license, International passport, National I.D Card, etc.)
- Copy of utility bill for the past three months.
Requirements For Individual Domiciliary Account Opening (Dollar Account)
- Two duly completed and suitable reference forms
- Copy of utility bill issued in the last two months
- Passport photographs of authorized signatories
- Copies of acceptable means of identification (Driver’s License, International passport, National I.D Card, etc.)
Hope this article on GTBank Account opening was helpful. If you have any questions, please use the comment box below. You can read more about banks on this website. We update you daily on recent banking happenings.
Forget to share this article with family and friends.