Do you want to learn How To Activate Cash App Card? Yes; it is very easy and simple. Read this guide carefully.
The Cash App Card (or Cash Card) is a debit card that lets you spend money from your Cash App balance.
It looks and functions like most other banks’ debit cards, but there is a lot more to a Cash Card than a regular debit card.
Before you can use a Cash App Card, you must know how to activate Cash App Card. Inactivated Cash App cards won’t work, and you will be unable to access any benefits associated with Cash App.
If you’re planning on getting a Cash Card, I’ll show you how to activate it so you can start spending from your Cash App balance in no time.
Benefits of the Cash App Card
- It’s not uncommon to hear people ask: why should I get a Cash App Card anyway?
- Yes, you have a card for almost every account you create today: Bank, PayPal, Venmo, and even Payoneer.
- However, a Cash App Card is just uniquely different. Granted, it’s a debit card like most other cards listed above, but it’s more than just that.
- Cash App card offers many benefits that won’t come with your regular debit card.
- Do you know you can get back $1 for every coffee cup you take at most coffee shops in the United States?
- Sure, check out with your Cash Card. You can also withdraw from any ATM in the United States without having to pay any charges. If you withdraw from any ATM, Cash App instantly reimburses all ATM charges.
- You can also get a customized debit card, albeit you’ll shell out some money.
- If you don’t use coffee shops, you can still get cashback with your Cash App card. Selected fast food outlets like Whole Foods will also give you exclusive cashback if you check out with the card.
How to Activate Your Cash App Card
Now that you know what you stand to gain by getting a Cash Card, it’s time to learn how to get and activate the card.
Fortunately, neither of these is rocket science. However, since you’ll need to get a card before you can activate it, we’ll be looking at how you can request a cash app card first.
To request a Cash Card on the Cash App, follow the steps below.
- Open Cash App on your Android or iPhone. You’ll need to create an account if you don’t have one already; you can’t have a Cash Card without a Cash App account.
- Tap on the Cash Card icon. It’s the second icon from the bottom left corner of the Cash App interface.
- On the resulting page, click on the ‘Order’ button. This should appear after a ‘Free Cash Card available’ notice.
- You can toggle the color of your Cash Card between black and white. If you want your $Cashtag to appear on your card, it has to be white.
- You can further customize your card by drawing on it or adding emojis. Note that any further customization other than changing the color and adding the $Cashtag will cost $5.
- If your Cash Card looks perfect now, you can enter your mailing address. This address is where Cash App will mail your card.
- If you’ve not verified your Cash App account previously, you’ll be asked to do so now.
Verifying your Cash App account is as simple as it gets. You only need your name, date of birth, and social security number to verify the account.
And you’ve successfully requested a Cash Card. You can now wait for your it to arrive or add money to it even before its arrival.
When it arrives, however, you need to activate the card before using it to make payments. Activation ensures that your card doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
Note that you cannot apply for a Cash App Card if you’re younger than 18. It’s impossible to verify your Cash App account if you’re not up to 18, and it’s impossible to get a Cash Card without a verified account.
The steps below show how to activate your Cash App Card using the QR code method.
- Launch Cash App on your iOS or Android phone and tap on the Cash Card icon at the bottom.
- Here, you’ll see a message confirming the shipment of your Cash Card. You’ll also get an option to activate your card. Tap ‘Activate Cash Card’ to continue.
- This should load up a camera. You may need to grant Cash App permission to use your phone’s camera.
You can activate your card by scanning the code behind the card using the camera that pops up. This step should only take a few seconds, and your card should be ready for use.
However, you may be unable to activate your Cash App Card using a QR code. This error may be due to a faulty camera or a tampered QR code, or both.
If that’s the case, you can use the CVV code behind the card to activate it.
Here’s how to activate your Cash App Card without a QR code.
- Open Cash App and navigate to the activation screen like you would when activating using the QR code option.
This involves tapping on the card icon and then ‘Activate Cash Card’ on the resulting screen.
- When the camera pops up, you’ll see a ‘MISSING QR CODE’ at the bottom of the screen. Tap on the text and select ‘Use CVV instead.’
- You’ll get input fields for the CVV and the card expiration date. If you enter both of these correctly, your Cash Card will activate immediately.
You can now start to use your Cash Card like every other debit card.
Cash App Cards have an encompassing use case. You can also get discounts and cashback when you check out using your Cash Cards.
However, you can’t use a Cash App Card without activation. Fortunately, activating a Cash App isn’t only easy and free, but it also takes a few seconds.
While the QR code activation method shouldn’t be challenging, it’s good to know that you have options if it fails to work.