In this article, we will cover how to change the PayPal password, as well as how to reset the password when you’ve forgotten it using the PayPal website. Most times we tend to discover that our current password is not secured, and this can lead to the need for us to reset our Password. Thanks to PayPal’s powerful security, we can reset our password without the fear of it being discovered or recovered by some hacker out there.
With the below-listed points we will be explaining to you using a step-by-step guide, how to change your PayPal Password;
- How to change your PayPal Password
- Reset your forgotten PayPal password
How to Change Your PayPal Password
Most times we discover that our PayPal password may no longer be secured, sometimes we log in somewhere, like a cyber cafe and we forget to log out. We are going to be giving you a step to step guide on how to change your PayPal password.
Note: When creating a secure password it should have at least eight characters with a mix of upper and lower-case letters, numbers, and symbols.
Step 1: Log into PayPal and enter your Summary page.
- Step 2: Select the Settings gear icon on the top right (next to the Log Out option) to display PayPal’s account and settings pages.
- Step 3: Select the Security tab from the options at the top.
- Step 4: Choose Password from the list of security options on the screen (or select Update).
- Step 5: The Change your password dialog box appears. Enter your current password in the first form field, and then type your new password in the other two password fields. When you’re finished, select Change Password.
Reset your Forgotten PayPal Password
You can easily forget your password especially when you don’t use a password manager to store your log-in information. When that happens, fall back on the PayPal feature that helps you reset your password. Remember, you can’t recover your old password with this feature but only change your password to a new one. In addition to how to change your PayPal password, we will also be telling you how to reset your Forgotten PayPal password.
- Step 1: Open the PayPal sign-in page.
- Step 2: Don’t enter your username and password. Select Having trouble logging in? link. Does PayPal display a Need help with your password? page. Enter the email address that you use for PayPal and click Next.
- Step 3: PayPal uses four options to confirm your identity: receive a text, receive an email, answer security questions, or confirm your credit card number. If you choose to receive a text or receive an email, PayPal sends a six-digit code. Enter this in the confirmation field that appears. Select Continue.
- Step 4: Use the form provided to create a new password and then confirm it again. When you’re done, click Save. Then, consider saving the password somewhere secure so that you don’t lose it again, or using a password manager that can keep up with the password and keep it safe.
When you have multiple email accounts, pick the right one to get the verification code. If you forget your PayPal email, use the Forgot your email? link from the log-in screen. PayPal allows you to enter up to three email addresses you might have used with the account while signing up. Select Next to get a reset email with all the instructions to get back into your account.
Now that you know how to change your PayPal password, you will not need to employ an IT guy to help whenever you encounter a problem. We find that it is not always safe to have an IT guy change our password to avoid giving away our password to the wrong person.