Do you want to send money from Zelle to Paypal, but you don’t know how to go about it?
Zelle and PayPal are two popular financial technology applications that embrace most financial activities. You might be wondering if you can transfer money from Zelle to Paypal directly.
Well, the answer is No, you can’t, this is because Zelle isn’t compatible as a method of payment from Paypal.
Therefore, the best way to transfer money from Zelle to Paypal will only be possible through the use of your traditional bank as a middleman between the two platforms.
If you could understand how Zelle works, Zelle doesn’t have a wallet, and therefore all money transfers you do on Zelle are directly from your bank account.
Most companies use Zelle as a means of payment for their staff, but the question is how can you move money from Zelle to Paypal.
You might have categorized Zelle for payment to Family and friends, while Paypal for payment of online business. But the case of transferring money from Zelle to PayPal comes in a totally different process.
So let’s dive in…
Can I Send Money From Zelle To Paypal 
You can’t send money from Zelle to Paypal, but there are still other tricks you can use to send money to your PayPal account.
This can be done, by linking your bank account with both Zelle and PayPal, here your bank account serves as a middleman between Zelle and PayPal.
So let’s see how you can easily move money from Zelle to Paypal:
- Step 1: Link your Bank Account with Venmo
As I mentioned earlier, Zelle doesn’t have a digital wallet where you can save money and as well manage the funds in your wallet.
However, therefore all transactions are done directly from your bank account.
For you to be able to transfer money from Zelle to Paypal, you must consider adding your bank to Zelle.
However, you must ensure that your bank account is supported by Zelle, or else, you can find another bank account that is supported or look for other payment options.
- Step 2: Link your Bank Account with PayPal
Once you have linked your bank account with Zelle, then you can proceed to link the same bank account with your PayPal.
Whenever your bank account is linked with PayPal, you can easily have access to the money in your account.
The steps below show you how to link your bank account with PayPal:
- Step 1: Open the PayPal app or website on your device. Once the PayPal app is opened on your mobile device, log in to your account by entering your email address and password.
- Step 2: Go to Settings on PayPal, by tapping on the Settings icon, represented by a gear icon, at the top left corner of the screen.
- Step 3: Tap on Bank Accounts and Credit Card. This tap is for linking your credit cards or bank account to Paypal.
- Step 4: Tap the “+” icon at the top right corner of the screen, to add a new bank.
- Step 5: Select your account type, by choosing either a checking account or a saving account.
- Step 6: Enter your account information. Enter information regarding your accounts such as your bank account number and your routing number. This information can be found in your bank statement
- Step 6: Tap Link to this Bank. Once you have provided the necessary information, then tap on the Link This Bank button. After linking your bank with PayPal, PayPal will have to verify the bank information you have stated, by sending a small amount of money usually around $0.01 to $0.99. These deposits are usually temporary and will be removed after verification.
- Step 7: Check your PayPal, after about 2 – 3 working days, to check if your bank account has been verified. Once your bank account is verified, you can proceed to confirm your bank account to Paypal.
- Step 8: Tap on the Gear icon, and you will see the name of the unverified bank account.
- Step 9: Tap Status to verify the payment Deposit amount, make sure you enter them as they appear in your account.
- Step 10: Tap Submit to confirm your bank account, by now you can send and receive money online.
- Step 3: Once your bank account has been linked to your PayPal, you can receive money with Zelle and send it to your bank account. You must ensure that the bank account is the same as the one linked to your PayPal.
From there, you can spend the money and as well pay for your purchases using the PayPal service.
How To Send Money To Paypal?
Send money to a PayPal account can be done via the following steps:
- Step 1: Open your PayPal app and log in, using your login credentials.
- Step 2: Enter the recipient’s email address or mobile phone (the email address or mobile number you want to send money to)
- Step 3: Type the amount you want to send, and the currency in which you want to send the money.
However, sending money to PayPal may incur several fees, most especially if you are using a debit card to send the money, which is 2.9% + 30 cents per transaction.
Does Paypal own Zelle?
PayPal and Zelle are owned by two different companies, PayPal is owned and managed by eBay, while Zelle is owned and managed by Early Warning Services, LLC.
Is Zelle And Paypal The Same
PayPal and Zelle are two different platforms offering several differences in the type of financial activities offered them.
PayPal and Zelle serve different purposes, while Paypal is considered for business operations, Zelle is considered for making transactions between people you know.
With PayPal, you can make transactions, even beyond the US, while for Zelle, you can only make transactions within the US.
MORE ON ZELLE & PAYPAL:
In answering the question, if you can send money from zelle to paypal, the answer is right no, you can’t directly do such.
However, in this article, I have explained how to send money from Zelle to Paypal, even when it isn’t supported.