As the fintech landscape continues to evolve, online banks are offering more features to provide customers with a seamless banking experience. One such feature is Zelle, a digital payment network that allows users to send and receive money quickly and easily.
If you’re a Current customer, you may be wondering if the bank works with Zelle. In this blog post, we’ll explore whether Current works with Zelle and how you can use Zelle to send and receive money with your Current account. We’ll also discuss the benefits of using Zelle for payment and answer some frequently asked questions about this payment method.
Whether you’re a new or existing Current customer, this guide will help you understand everything you need to know about using Zelle with your account. So, let’s dive in and explore the world of digital payments with Current and Zelle!
Does Current Work with Zelle?
Yes, Current works with Zelle, but indirectly.
Current is a mobile banking app that does not have a direct integration with Zelle. However, Current members can still use Zelle by linking their Current debit card to the Zelle app. This allows them to send and receive money from other Zelle users, even if they do not have a Current account.
To link your Current debit card to Zelle, you will need to download the Zelle app and create an account. Once you have created an account, you will be prompted to enter your debit card information. After your card has been verified, you will be able to start sending and receiving money using Zelle.
It is important to note that there are some limitations to using Zelle with Current. For example, you can only send or receive up to $2,500 per day. Additionally, you cannot use Zelle to send money to businesses or to pay for goods and services.
Overall, Current is a great option for people who are looking for a mobile banking app that offers free checking and no overdraft fees. However, if you are looking for a way to use Zelle directly from your Current account, you will need to use a workaround.
How to Link Current with Zelle
If you’ve been following this article carefully, you’ll notice that I described Current as “not a bank” earlier. That may bring up the question if Current is not a bank, how are they able to facilitate banking transactions like issuing debit cards and allowing money transfers?
Well, the answer is simple and right on Current’s official website: they partnered with actual banks; Choice Financial Group, and the Metropolitan Commercial Bank to offer those banking services you cherish. That explains an aspect, but there’s something else you need to know.
When you head over to Zelle’s Get Started page, you’ll see a list of the banks it support. Look through the list, and you’ll see Metropolitan Commercial Bank as one of them. Remember, this same bank is one of the two that facilitates banking services for the Current app.
In short, that link should make it possible to use your Current account with Zelle somehow, and yes, it does. You can use both accounts together by linking your debit card to a Zelle account you’ve already created. If that sounds too overwhelming, I’ll explain better. Here are the steps required to make Current work with Zelle.
- Download the Zelle app and create an account.
- Select “Link a Bank Account“.
- Select “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” from the list of banks.
- Enter your Current account number and routing number.
- Verify your account by entering the verification code that is sent to your phone.
Here are the specific steps for each of these steps:
- To download the Zelle app, you can go to the App Store or Google Play Store. Once you have downloaded the app, open it and create an account by entering your email address and phone number.
- To link your Current account to Zelle, you will need to select “Link a Bank Account“.
- Select “Metropolitan Commercial Bank” from the list of banks. This is the bank that Current uses for its banking services.
- Enter your Current account number and routing number. You can find these numbers on your Current debit card.
- Verify your account by entering the verification code that is sent to your phone. This code will be sent to the phone number that is associated with your Current account.
Once your account has been verified, you will be able to start sending and receiving money using Zelle.
Here are some things to keep in mind when linking Current with Zelle:
- You must have a Current debit card in order to link your account to Zelle.
- You can only link one Current account to Zelle.
- You can only link a Current account to a Zelle account that is in your name.
The Current app does not work with Zelle; if you need to use the Zelle payment system as intended, you should probably go get a regular bank account. But if you only have an account with Current and you insist on using Zelle, you can do that using a workaround that I’ve discussed in the article.