Shein is a fashion brand that sells direct to consumers online. The company primarily sells women’s clothing, but it also sells men’s clothing, children’s clothing, accessories, home decor, and other fashion items. Shein was established in October 2008. It has a presence in over 220 countries and regions around the world.
Shein has a wallet system in place to make it easy for customers to access their refunds.
This article will explain what Shein Wallet is, how to use it, and whether or not it is reliable.
Step-by-Step Guide on How To Use Shein Wallet
The shein wallet is a virtual wallet linked to a customer’s shein account. The wallet gives the customer the ability to make purchases, withdraw funds, and access their money once a refund is processed and completed.
In order words, if you purchase a good from shein and you don’t like the product you got from them. If you want a refund, the money paid to them won’t be refunded to you via cash or whatever means you pay them with.
Shein will refund the money back to you by refunding in the shein virtual wallet that comes with creating a shein customer account. You can then use the refunded amount to buy something else or have it transferred to your other accounts.
The shein wallet can be used to view the wallet balance and also can be used to buy stuff at shein. You should know that the currency you might have used in paying for goods you ordered will be different from the one they’ll refund it in.
To withdraw money from the wallet, the customer is instructed to click the withdraw deposit button, input the amount to be withdrawn, and click submit to validate. The funds are then returned to the Paypal account or credit card from which the original payment was made.
On average it takes about one to five business days for the funds to reflect in the customer’s PayPal account and if it’s a credit card it might take about two to ten business days for it to reflect.
How To Withdraw From Shein Wallet?
- Launch the shein wallet on your device
- Go to your profile by clicking the “me icon”
- Then, click on the ‘wallet icon’
- Click on the ‘withdraw deposit’ button.
- After tapping, input the amount you’d like to withdraw from the wallet.
- Click on ‘submit’ to validate.
Please note that:
- The money withdrawn will return to the original account used, the account linked to your credit card or PayPal account.
- The money cannot be withdrawn to a different account
- Make sure that the amount you are trying to withdraw does not exceed the amount deposited.
- It takes a while before the money reflects in your PayPal account or the account linked to your credit card.
Is Shein Wallet Secure?
Even though there has been no report on hacking on the shein wallet database, there have been multiple hacks on the shein website which is a host to the wallet. One can assume that with time the shein wallet can also be a victim of a malware attack.
Shein has its fair share of problems. In 2018, the website suffered a data breach that affected over 6 million customers. According to Shein, the malware gained access to backdoors on corporate servers, allowing the attackers to steal data associated with approximately 6.42 million customers.
Fortunately, Shein does not typically store payment card information on its systems. Questions were raised about why the data breach, which began in June, was not discovered until late August. This could imply that Shein’s encryption levels are insufficient.
Shein account email addresses and account balances were also revealed on the popular data leak forum Cracked in 2019. The account information was derived from a previous data breach in 2018, in which a unique Shein email address was posted online, prompting credential and data dealing forums to begin trading Shein user account information.
Shein has yet to respond directly to websites illegally accessing customer data, despite announcing the breach.
Despite Shein’s success and integrated wallet, there is still room for improvement. Shein has also had problems with the shein wallet, with customers reporting that their money is stuck in their wallets.
Can I Transfer My Wallet Balance To Another Shein Account?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer wallet credits from one SHEIN account to another. You can withdraw your wallet credits by using the WITHDRAW WALLET CREDIT feature. The funds will be returned to your account with the relevant payment processing agent or to the credit card used to make the initial payment.
Can I Withdraw The Wallet Credit To Another Card?
The wallet credit can’t be transferred to another card. The funds will be returned to your account with the relevant payment processing agent or the credit card used to make the original payment.
Why Is My Wallet Empty?
If you used your wallet credits to check out and then placed an unpaid order, the wallet credits you used will be applied to the unpaid order.
Simply cancel the order by clicking the Cancel button in My Orders to restore the balance of wallet credits, and the wallet credits will be refunded to your Wallet.
How To Request For A Refund On Shein?
To get a refund for your Shein purchases it will have to be in one of the following situations:
- The order has already arrived, and the garments either do not match the description or do not appeal to you. In this case, you will need to request a return rather than a refund.
- If the order has not arrived in the stipulated time frame. Customer care will have to cancel the order for you and refund you.
- You cancel an order that has not been shipped yet. Within a few days, you will have a refund in your account.
In any case, the money will be deposited into your account automatically once they issue the refund or request the cancellation. You will also receive an email indicating that your refund was successfully processed. You will have the funds in your account within 5-10 business days.
How Long Do Shein Refunds Take?
This refund time varies, it could be hours or days depending on the method you choose:
- Shein wallet: It takes less than 24 hours.
- Credit card: The money will reflect in about 3-15 business days.
- Paypal: it takes 2-7 business days for the money to reflect.
- Gift card: your gift card will arrive in less than 24 hours.
- Clearpay: Your funds will be delivered within 3-15 business days.
Shein wallet is a subdivision of the shein website, it is a virtual wallet used to refund money used for paying for goods. It can only be used in purchasing on the shein website or shein stores.
However, you’d have to transfer to another account if you intend to use it somewhere else.